The child carer which is either a nanny or babysitter provide assistance for families to ensure that their child is looked after to a high level of care.
They will care for children in the child’s house.
Some of the nanny's will have formal childcare qualifications however not all nanny's necessarily have any formal qualifications. However, we train staff with regards to Introduction to Safeguarding Children and Multi-Agency Safeguarding and Child Protection (level 3). We highly recommend that the childcare nanny keep abreast with their continuing professional development and that Kids Services will support them with training.
• The child carers will have an up-to-date paediatric First Aid qualification (within the last 3 years);
• The child carers do not have any statutory limits on the amount of children for whom s/he can care
• The child carers have enhanced DBS checks before being left on their own with children.
• May offer extra services such as light housework and babysitting duties as well as providing day care;
• The family can provide a schedule of the types of activities children will do while with them,
• Might go on holiday with the family to provide care for the children.